Thursday, February 25, 2010

Feb 25th - Evening

We just got done visiting with Mike and Becky Weaver - or "the boss" as Mitch referred to Mike when he saw him. Mitch was touched, as were we, that they would fly in to see us. It meant a lot to us and more importantly meant a tremendous amount to Mitch.

Mitch's kidney number (creatinine) has come down again this evening. It is now 7.5, down from 8.6 this morning. Mitch has been "out of it" most of the day as the drugs seem to be circulating in his body as the kidneys are processing them out. As I said before, this is so hard on us to have him not mentally with us.

We have a big day tomorrow - we have what they call a critical care mtg with ALL his doctors. He has so many doctors that we have a morning mtg and an afternoon mtg. During these meetings the doctors present their findings and outline a plan of attack based on all the findings. Should be some interesting mtgs.

They have switched around some of his pain meds and are worried about him going through withdrawls, but they seem to have a good plan to help him through the process.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe I am the first to comment!
    I am so anxious to hear what you find out tomorrow! Hopefully it will all be good news and they will have a plan to get you guys headed home soon. I keep thinking that I wish I could visit you there. When I think about that Hospital I feel absolutely no anxiety. I guess it is just Primary. Not good Memories there. I think of Mitch constantly and pray for him nearly that much. I believe that we will all come out of this experience better people. Things like this bring us all closer to our Heavenly Father. I believe Mitch is going to get through this. I am just so sorry it is taking so long. I love you guys and wish I could do more for you.....my prayers will just have to do!
    Love- Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You continue to be in out thoughts and prayers.

    Hugs,
    the Buswells

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to let you know that we are not slowing down here. Every one is thinking,talking,and praying for Mitch and you.
    You must be exausted,but hang in there.I wonder if Mitch knows what he is doing for all of us.I agree with Barbie - we will all be better people for this.
    We love you and will keep praying.

    Vera and Boydean

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing everywhere we go, people are asking about Mitch. Everyone seems to know a friend of a friend who has told them about Mitch! I almost feel famous being his Aunt! We are constantly thinking of you and praying for you! Hope you feel our love!

    Kim & Alan

    ReplyDelete