Saturday, February 20, 2010

Feb 20th

The ICU here at Primary Childrens has never had so many visitors! We heard this all day today. In fact, the information desk downstairs put up a sign saying Mitch Flygare is on the 2nd floor ICU. He has had so many visitors today - thanks, you really lift his spirits.

Our transport to the Mayo has been moved to early Monday morning, they want to see us Monday at 9:00am so we will leave around 2:00am.

16 comments:

  1. Katie and I will always remember the day Mitch joined Mrs. Pope's 3rd grade class. I was a room mother at the time and will never forget your love and concern for your son, Annette. Years have passed and the kids have grown. Our little family has so enjoyed watching Mitch flourish as an accomplished athelete. Katie said to remind Mitch that "He's one tough guy!" We, too, have checked your blog several times, daily, and hope and pray for the very best to come. Our thoughts are with you each and every day.
    Love, Katie and DeeDee Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Mitch I wish we could visit before you leave, I just don't know if I dare with the flu that we have had in our family. I do think about you guys like every second though. I wish you didn't have to go but I understand your desperate need to get to the bottom of this. Give my love to mitch. I miss not waving to him when I see him, and I was getting so good at it!! The boys always remember to pray for Mitch! They look up to him so much and ask about him several times a day, and if I know anything new! Please keep up on the blog. I check it first thing when I get up in the morning. Sometimes if I get up in the night too! Your whole family is in my thoughts and prayers always! Have a safe trip! Please call if you need any help with the girls!

    Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let Mitch know that Taylor and Connor are always getting the latest updates on Mitch. We to love having the blog to get updates. Rick McCord also keeps Kevin updated on a daily basis. Please know our thoughts and prayers our with your family. I'm sure this was not an easy decision to move Mitch. But I'm sure it will be the right one. Please know we are available to help in what ever needed.

    Love,
    Kevin and Angie Copeland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kurt, Annette, Mitch and family. We have been following your blog and our hearts go out to you guys. We have you in our prayers and hope that you find answers soon. If there is anything we can do for you at home, please let us know. Be safe going to Mayo's. We will check the blog everyday to get an update and will hope for good news.

    Love,
    Harold and Shauna Dudley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not really a friend of Mitch's but he is one amazing guy. Over a year ago I was hanging out with some friends and we were all wearing very dark clothes, some had on trip pants and black trench coats, and were talking out in front of my house. All of the sudden and white truck slams on their brakes after they had passed my house and backed up infront of my house. It was Mitch. He rolled down the window and just started talking to all of us like we were all best friends. We were really shocked that a Lone Peak football player would stop to talk to a bunch of older gothic kids and not have anything rude or offensive to say. When he drove off we were all a bit stunned at what just happened. To my surprise some of my friends thought he was pretty cool and we all agreed that he wasn't an average stuck up Lone Peak student. It probably wasn't a big deal to him at the time but Mitch made a big impact on us. I just want to say we're all pulling for him, and remember him from the time he literally went out of his way just to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annette - My heart aches for you dearest friend. I can't believe that this has all happened since we last saw each other. My prayers are with you every day. Love you so much. May the Lord bless your family and carry you. Mitch is one outstanding young man. It is obvious from this site that many love him and he is a friend to all. Kurt thank you for keeping this updated. It allows all of us the opportunity to serve your family through prayer and fasting. Cami

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kurt, Annette and family--Holly and I didn't hear about all of this until yesterday.....please know that Mitch and your family are in our prayers and we sincerely hope that the trip to Minnesota will find answers....Mitch is truly amazing--please give him our love and let him know we're pulling for him.....keep fighting and know there are a lot of friends praying in your behalf....Get well soon!! Andy and Holly Toolson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mitch,
    You have always been an inspiration to us by your work ethic and desire to excel. You continue to be that example by fighting through this. You are simply amazing and our prayers are with you and your family.
    Your family could not be any more supportive and loving and they too are inspirational in how rock solid they are.
    Our family will have our prayers and fasting with you.
    All our love will go with you to Mayo.
    The Henleys

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mitch,
    I know you don't know us very well, but want you to know that the entire wood family is praying for you and your family. I am sure there are hundreds just like us who are just as concerned. Prayer works. We love you, Scott and K'Lynn Wood

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let Mitch know that people he doesn't even know exist are praying for him. I know of Mitch through my daughter Rachelle. Our prayers are with him and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was happy to find your blog because I am always trying to find out the latest update. We are so concerned and praying for Mitch. I know faith heals and Mitch is being watched over. Our prayers are with you. John and Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mitch,
    We remember the first (and only) time we saw you in the hospital, the day you were born. I'm sure you won't remember us, but we want you to know that there are many people in Wisconsin who are thinking of you and praying for you at this difficult time. We love and admire your parents and are remembering them in our prayers as well. Our best wishes go with all of you to Mayo.

    Scott and Linda Hansen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mitch -

    Hang in there buddy - Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We need you better so we can go catch another Jazz game this season.

    Love the Sobotka's

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have anxiously been following the blog, and our hearts have continuously grown heavier, as the updates on Mitch’s condition have not been what we have been hoping and praying for. You have not heard from us, but you can rest assured that he has been on our minds and in our prayers constantly.
    Oh, how sad we are. And even though we do feel so sad and helpless, you surely are under even more stress and worry then any of us can imagine.
    It was so discouraging to read the blog update on the 17th. I went to sit down to read in the book of Mormon, and was just getting started in the book of Ether. I don’t know how many times I have read those chapters in my life – but they took on a whole new meaning. We seem to live in a time when so many people are having so many problems and our ward is having a big share of trouble. Mitch being on the front of all of our minds and prayers. I have read the second and third chapter of Ether several times since, and I can not do it without crying. Especially verses 24 and 25 of the 2nd chapter. Surely you must feel like the mountain waves are dashing upon you. But I know, that because of the life’s you have lived, you have been prepared for this, (even if at this time you don’t think so) and because of your faith you have light in your vessels. Heavenly Father is VERY aware of you, and is listening to all of our prayers. He will bring you up again from the deep, for he knows that you can not come up with out him. Is it not comforting to know that he will never expect us to do something we can not do?
    We will continue to pray for Mitch’s recovery, for the doctors to be guided, and for you to have the strength to hang in there. We sure hope and will pray that good things will come from the trip to the Mao clinic. May Heavenly Father also give you the peace, strength, and comfort so very needed at this time. Trust him.
    Mitch is an amassing young man.
    Thank you and Mitch for the absolute wonderful examples you are to the rest of us.
    We want to help in any way we can.

    We love you
    Vera and Boydean Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mitch,

    We're so glad to have the blog to keep us updated. Can't wait to see you hitting grand slams again. We'll be anxiously waiting your safe return! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    Jared and Julie Shepherd

    ReplyDelete
  16. Annette, Kurt, and Mitch;

    We just heard about the serious situation with Mitch. I got online and found your blog. I'm so sorry for this trial that your family is going through right now. It was uplifting to read about Mitchell's attitude and strength and how he is fighting through his pain and illness. We love your family and will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Heavenly Father is a God of miracles. We will pray for a miracle for your family.

    Love,
    Angi Cummings

    ReplyDelete