We have heard numerous times today, on many fronts, that people missed having the blog updated yesterday. I write this with tears in my eyes at the number of people actually following the blog in support of Mitch. We also can't believe the outpouring of prayers, thoughts and support on behalf of Mitch and our family. Being on the receiving end of such support is truly uplifting and an unbelievable experience. Thank You.
The past two days for Mitch have gotten tougher and tougher. His spasms are back and happening at a fast frequency again. The pain associated with them has increased as well - something that Annette and I have a hard time witnessing and dealing with as it pains us so much to watch. His kidney number continues to rise and rise at an alarming pace. His stomach issues have picked up in severity as well, he has not been able to keep anything down (spirit, water, ice chips) since Tuesday. He has been able to eat real food once in the past 12 days - despite taking every stomach medicine they have. Bottom line: He is completely spent emotional and physically. Despite all this he continues to fight and tells everyone who comes to see him; "I won't quit, I give you my word I won't quit, I will keep fighting". He never forgets to tell others that visit - "thanks so much for coming to see me, it means so much to me, I love you'. To keep such a positive outlook when he is battling so much is remarkable to me and all those who come in contact with him. He has unbelievable mental strength and toughness. As I update this in his hospital room tonight, he says to me in a whisper of a voice - "tell everyone that I love them and tell them thanks for all they are doing for me, I sure appreciate it".
We are approaching almost two weeks in the ICU here at Primary Childrens and we still have no answers as to what is causing this or why he is not getting any better. Based on this and our drive to find a cure for what is happening to him, we have decided to move Mitch to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN on Sunday. This was a tough decision for us as visitors are so important and uplifting to Mitch, but we just feel we need to go in a different direction in our effort to get him heeled.
Thanks to those who have come to visit him, those that sit and hold his hand during the painful spasms, those who written letters of support and leave them on our door step, those that drop off signs and posters of support and all who continue to pray for him. All of these acts mean the world to him. Thanks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We will do a big fast for him on sunday! I hope everything gets better and the move to Rochester goes well! good luck!
ReplyDelete-courtney cook
Just found out about this blog. It's great to get updates. Thinking of you and praying that they find answers SOON! Love, the Robinsons (Ron)
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about all that Mitch is struggling with. Thank you for sharing and keeping us up to date. We are praying for Mitch! We hope that some answers will come soon so Mitch can return to his happy self! Joshua 1:9 - "Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Take care and remember the Van Leeuwens love the Flygares! You are some of our favorite people!!
ReplyDeleteKent, Judi, and the Van Leeuwen kids
My name is Brittani Lunnen. I found this blog through a link posted on facebook. A friend of mine (Rachel Pack-Whetten)posted it there asking for support and prayers for Mitch. My husband and I have been checking the blog perodically hoping for good news about your son. We are sorry to hear that things are not improving as we all had hoped that they would. I have watched my brother painfully suffer in that same ICU and I know that it is such a great place and they work miracles there. I hope that you get the answers and miracles in the new hospital that you are going to. My husband, me, and our three little girlswill continue to pray whole-heartedly for comfort and strength for your family and for Mitch. Keep fighting Mitch!
ReplyDeleteMitch and Family, As you can see from all the comments, you are greatly loved and being prayed for even by people who don't know you personally. May the Lord bless you as you continue to seek for answers. Our faith and prayers go with you.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the Mayo Clinic...Miss Mitchell
ReplyDeleteI checked your blog every couple of hours when I woke up throughout the night Thursday, then all day yesterday every time I sat down at the computer. Steve was so glad to be able to see you guys yesterday. Mitch and your family are never far from our thoughts and are in every prayer in our home. Keep up the fight, Mitch. You're a champ! Lots of love, Susan
ReplyDeletePlease know so many prayers are being offered on Mitch's behalf. The boys miss him and ask each other for updates often. Thank you for doing this blog to keep us all informed. Your family is very loved by all.
ReplyDeleteThe Burraston Family
We are praying for Mitch! I haven't seen him in years...he is so grown up and handsom! Hope your doing ok Mitch!
ReplyDeleteCedar (Hatch) Gambling
First off, we are so sorry for Mitch. I can't imagine what you all must be going through. We also want to tell you how much we have enjoyed your son. We were in the ward for two years and his talks and testimonies were such a blessing to me. I have a son and knew looking at Mitch that I could not ask for more than to have my son turn out like Mitch. This blog has made me realize even more the blessing that Mitch is. We will pray for his recovery and appreciate the blog.
ReplyDeleteWe all appreciate the updates you've given, though wish they were filled with some good news. Our prayers are and will continue to be with Mitch and your sweet family. We are praying for safe travels tomorrow too. I know my whole family looks up to Mitch and your family (Pack family), as do I. Keep fighting, you are a hero in SO MANY ways Mitch, and such an incredible example to all. We pray you guys can find the answers you are so desperately seeking for at this time, and that the doctors in Rochester might be blessed to have those answers to give you. Praying that God is with him every.single.step of the way through all the pain and challenges he is facing at this time. As well as your entire family.
ReplyDeleteKristin pointed me over here. My family will fast for Mitch tomorrow as well.
ReplyDeleteSending love from Colorado Springs.
The Andersons