Sunday, February 14, 2010
Feb 14th
We are sorry to report that Mitch did not have a good day today. They tried weening him off the sedation medicine in the form of a slow, slow release as they were bringing him out of his coma. He did pretty good in the morning, actually getting out of bed and sitting in a chair for 5 minutes. But then it all broke loose. After getting back in bed his whole back started tightening up and started hurting...... and then he had a major spasm on his right side this time, lasting at least 15 minutes! Although it was not a full scale attack like he had on his left side, it was none the less another attack and very painful. I can't tell you how disappointing this was to Mitch and all of us. It busted his spirits in half and is causing great anxiety all the way around. He feels like he took a half step forward and 4 back today, it's was a very disheartening day. The one thing that keep him going today was all the notes and cards dropped off for him. He really enjoyed Annette and I reading them to him, it made him extremely happy to see that people are thinking about him. He was funny (remember still on high meds) but he would quickly want to jump to who wrote the note and then want us to read it to him. The reading of the cards really seemed to help lift his spirts just a little. Thanks to those who dropped them off at our house, it seemed to help him cope with today's set back. Please keep him in your prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi, this is Brad Woodard. I am the nephew of Neal and Shirley Johnson who moved into your ward back in 2005 before I left for my mission. I am not sure if your family knows me but I remember you and I am extremely sorry for Mitchell's current situation. I am not surprised Mitchell is so talented athletically after playing a little basketball with his dad. I just heard the ill news about your son and wanted to let you know that you guys are in my prayers. The Lord takes care of his children. I wish you the best.
ReplyDeleteBest,
Brad Woodard
Just wanted you guys and mitch to know that I am thinking of you always. I read your blog praying for better news, and am so sorry that you don't have any to report as of yet. Hang in there, it will happen! I just feel for you guys, as I know all to well what it is like to watch your child suffer and feeling so helpless. Especially when the Doctors have no answers! Please, please hang in there. Better days will come! You guys are in my constant prayers! Your whole family is, I know this is tough on your girls as well. McKenzie said Mitch's face book is full of messages for Mitch! I bet he had no idea he was cared about so much! I pray Mitch has a better day!
ReplyDeleteLove you guys! Barbie
We're so sorry to hear that yesterday wasn't a good day. We are praying for Mitch, the doctors, and your family! We know that things will get better! Please tell Mitch that we love him and think of him each day. He's in our thoughts and prayers constantly. We love your family!
ReplyDeleteThe Walkenhorst's
Hang in there, Mitch. Our kids ask about you every day. You are an inspiration to many people. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteThe Copeland's
Flygare Family - We continue to keep Mitch in our prayers - we hope for a speedy recovery. In the meantime, it is nice to see Kurt has some skills with blogging, impressive.
ReplyDeleteThe Sobotka Family
We are always thinking and praying for Mitch; and the rest of the family. It's so difficult to see the pictures and read about whats happening to the nephew and cousin that we love not only because of my history with hospitals but also as a parent. Scott brings with him all of our love and support everytime he's there at the hospital. We hope for a speedy resolution.
ReplyDeleteHello, this is Mindy Curtis (formerly Miss McKinnon). I taught Mitch at Timberline. Students told me about him being in the hospital and this blog. Mitch is such a remarkable kid, it is so heartbreaking to hear that he is in such pain. All of my love, prayers, and best wishes for him and your family.
ReplyDelete