Our mtg with the Docs went great, I really like the format of having everyone in the same room for q and a and open communication regarding Mitch. It really works great and this is one example of what makes this such a great medical location. The Docs are awesome.
Mitch was given time during our meeting to express his thoughts and deliver his "time to go home" speech. He did great and had people laughing and listening - it worked great as we are coming home Friday, provided he continues to improve at the same fast rate he has the past couple of days. They actually can't believe the change/improvement in him over the past 48/72 hours and can't remember a patient improving at this fast a rate. Most of them told us that based on his status last Thursday/Friday they would have guessed that we would've been here for at least 2/3 more weeks. And we all know the reason for his improvement - thanks for all the prayers, thoughts and support!
Mitch has been out of bed all day today - walking (sometimes with the use of a walker) and sitting in a chair doing facebook and reading all his wonderful letters. Although it was very light and slow, he was also able to get on a stationary bike and pedal for a little while during physical therapy. We can tell he is feeling better as he is on the phone with the cafeteria ordering food every couple hours.
Mitch is wondering if the lear jet we rode on to get out here can be a round trip deal instead of just one way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yea!! I am so excited! I am sure you guys are thrilled with the prospect of coming home on Friday!! Glad to hear Mitch is doing well and eating again!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteY E A H H H ! ! !
ReplyDeleteWalked Duke with Diane today. . . Duke and I have really packed on the pounds while you've been away, Annette! We CAN"T WAIT to have you home and settled back into regular life!
Happy packing!
yeeesss! I'm so excited you're coming home! I've missed ya so much! Can't wait to see ya
ReplyDelete~Love, Savannah Buswell
YESSS! See you soon.
ReplyDeleteThat is FABULOUS news!! I am sure that you all are exhausted! The Melville family continues to pray for you. Have a safe trip home!
ReplyDeleteThat is great news! I'm excited for all of you.
ReplyDelete